Pages

1:20 pm

THINGS WE LOVE IN | December

We loved hearing from Hannah-Rose last month about her favourite things for November, so we thought we'd try it out again. This month, our dear friend (and Graphic Designer, Illustrator and blogger at Badlands) Talisa shares her top ten things she loves in December.




I haven't stopped listening to the retro-synth soundtrack since I saw the film. Ryan Gosling does mysterious incredibly well and makes me wish I had a driving jacket. Also I love the reference to 80's film, lots of neon and Lynch-esque scenes and the bright pink type they used for the credits. 

Film still from Drive

The botanical ingredients and packaging make these products a favourite. 

Images from Aesop



"They look at me, they think I'm alright…. It's nothing mysterious" 

Jack Nicholson, Maria Schneider and a Road trip. What more could you ask for? 

Still from The Passenger, 1975, Michelangelo Antonioni






For the delightful fragrances, scent descriptions and minimal packaging. 
My favourites are Gypsy Water and Bal D'Afrique.

"Gypsy Water is a glamorization of the Romany lifestyle, based on a fascination for the myth. The scent of fresh soil, deep forests and campfires illustrates the dream of a free, colorful lifestyle close to nature."

Images from Visual Journal



One of my favourites, Cy was a truly amazing American painter and sculptor. 




I love reading my end of year horoscope and Susan Miller for Russh Magazine is probably my favourite. I don't know how much of it I believe but the art direction of the shoot alone makes me happy. 


Planning my first European holiday is so exciting. I love Sofia Coppola's guide to Paris and have already filled our little guidebook with countless post-its. Now if only I could afford a Sofia x LV bag! 



I love the articles, interviews and photoshoots. I missed out on the first issue when it launched last year and was so happy when I found myself a copy on ebay a few months ago. The article on Phoebe Philo is my favourite, they couldn't have chose a better gentlewoman to cover the debut issue.



I couldn't pick just one book these are a few of my favourites to re-read come summertime. 
The Great Gatsby, Bonjour Tristesse, Lolita, Norwegian Wood, 
Anna Karenina, Less Than Zero, Jane Eyre and The Virgin Suicides.

Rohan and I usually take a picnic basket and our books down to Beare Park where 
you can relax and read by the harbour.



There is nothing like a beautiful bunch of flowers and the scent of your favourite candle burning. 
I love it when I'm relaxing and working. 

badlands


 Check out our previous lists from November, October and September.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Made By pipdig